The number one activity of restaurants on Pinterest is to post pictures of their menus. Descriptions that ignite imagination is great, however, nothing can beat mouth-watering images of the delicious food! Pinterest is the fastest growing and the second largest social network today. Every restaurant should have a Pinterest account showcasing their special menus, their interior and their specialties. Not only will the Pinterest account be a good way to increase attraction to your restaurant, but will also be a great way to get input on the food that you are providing. Pinterest is a great way to engage with your audience and communicate with your customers.
Your restaurant Pinterest is not limited to photos of food. Here are a few ways in which restaurants can integrate Pinterest Marketing:
- Post photos of each type of meals that you serve ( plated dishes, appetizers, entrees, desserts)
- Post pictures of bar taps, wine and liquor bottles
- Post pictures of your kitchen staff in action working their magic
- Post pictures of guests taking pictures of their food (permission first!)
- Create a board spot lighting all the staff members with their short and sweet bios
- Pin interesting recipes, humour, facts and quotes
- If you also manage a blog, then pin your blog articles!
- Use incentives like giveaways and free meals
For a successful Pinterest account, it is necessary to ensure that you are active, and are paying attention to what people are enjoying and pinning. With high quality pictures of food, it is possible that your images may be pinned at a faster rate than expected; hence it is vital to ensure that you are active and post quality images on time and on a regular basis. However, this does not mean that quantity should surpass quality, remember; engagement only happens at the presence of quality AND quantity.
If you own a restaurant and haven’t started a Pinterest account you are missing out on the Pinterest’s love for food! Pinterest hosts well over 5.7 billion food-related Pins and over 100 million total food boards! At this point, it is safe to say that Pinterest is Foodaholic! Pinterest is the fastest growing site in the world. Not only that, it is the 27th most visited site in the world! Under no circumstances would you want your food business to miss out on the opportunity to shine!