Leave a positive impression on those around you this holiday season by using one of the following ways to thank them for their support:
1. Give a Gift: Begin by setting a budget for your holiday gifting spree. You need to determine how much you can afford to spend per client. If they have spend a significant amount this year on your product or services, you may want to be considerate and spend a little more. Remember that if you have corporate clients, they usually have a limit on how much they can accept so it is always a good idea to consult with their HR department. What makes the best gift is usually something that can be shared with their families or coworkers they are close with. Why not send over-sized chocolate bars with your company logo in the wrapper? The goal is ultimately to make your customers or employees feel like they are special, values and appreciated for their work and support. The gift does not have to be extravagant or expensive. It is, after all, the thought that counts. A tiny gesture goes a long way.
2. Send greeting: You can go the old fashioned route ans send some hand-made card through snail-mail, or try a digital greeting . A card is a lovely way to say thank you during the holiday season. Be creative so that when your client or employee opens the card, they feel remembered. How about ditching the traditional standard “Happy Holidays” or “Seasons Greeting” and instead, craft your custom message, unique to your business to add to the festive feel. If you are sending digital greetings, its a nice idea to attach a photo of your team or even a fun holiday video.
3. Give Back: A fantastic way to show that you are thankful during the holiday season is to donate to a charity in honour of your customers and clients. This usually has a very positive response. Whether it’s a local charity, an industry foundation or even a scholarship fund, you’re supporters will appreciate your philanthropic efforts.
4. Special Promotion: Everyone is always looking for a good deal in today’s market. Especially over the holidays! A special discount or promotion just for your top customers could be a big hit and act as a thank you as well for their support. Send them a gift certificate for a future product or a service you provide. Offer a generous discount on any business they do with you in December. Be careful, however, not to make it look as though it is the usual business because it is a gesture of thanks. Make sure you communicate to your clients that this is a holiday gift to appreciate their business throughout the year.
5. Open House and Workplace Party: Depending on the nature of your business, you may be able to host an open house for your clients to come visit. This is a great way to invite your customers to stop by your location for a non-business related event. Host an open house late afternoon to early evening so they can come by after work. Decorate your office to make it look festive and provide plenty to eat and drink. This is the time to build relationships, not pitch business.
If you are a small business owner you may consider throwing your staff a Christmas party at your office. Events like this are a bit of an investment but offer many great outcomes. An office party has many benefits to offer for you and your employees. It is definitely a great way to signify that you have come a long way through a tough year of business with success. You can use this time to bond, share, and make your team feel reinforced, as the new year comes around. You will inspire teamwork and bonding with this one event which is definitely worth the investment. Office events are great team building opportunities which boost employee morale and strengthen company culture. People will work together in an informal setting without pressure. Start your new year off with staff engagement and renewed commitment. Bring on the holiday team spirit!
What do you plan to do in your business for the holidays? How will you say thank you?