Twitter is probably one of the easiest was to engage in social media without the use of fancy graphics, post ideas or techniques. However, the only technique needed for success is “Keeping it Simple.” With the limit of 140 characters, it is a great way to get your point across to many of your audience who are not avid readers and who lack long attention spans. Overall, it requires short time commitments, is easy to manage and is a great way for audience/customer engagement happen.
Currently, there are more than 10 million people using Twitter—if you have a demographic that is young, educated and online you will have many of them who will be interested in your tweets. In this day and age, one way broadcasting is still a great way to get your product marketed, however, the ability to converse simultaneously is nonetheless a great advantage. People go to Twitter to share what they know and learn in return. Twitter users are hungry for new ideas, opportunities, information, services, and products. If your business is not part of this exchange, you’re leaving two huge opportunities untouched: growing your business and improving it.
Twitter is all about what is “new.” People are interested in the now and the new. This is the strength of Twitter. On a daily basis, Twitter is flooded with worldwide news, highlights of the fashion, celebrity and Hollywood industries and everyday drama that surround local communities. There is no limit to what Twitter can host! This is probably why more and more business are starting to understand the value that Twitter can add to their business. It is user friendly and can boost the look and the personality of any business in instant. Tweets travel faster than light, and what goes in stays in!
Like all other social media sites, Twitter follows a basic guideline. Have up to date information for the followers, keep the content engaging, add pictures and keep everything interesting! Twitter only has one significant feature: Character limit and endless conversation.
In order to have a successful page for any business, the following 5 tips are a must:
- Define your Business
- If the sole purpose of a Twitter account is to direct the traffic to a company website, then Twitter page will add to a list of negative factors contributing to an unproductive business. Audience on Twitter like to be engaged, like to converse and like to get their questions and queries answered.
- Assign Right Tweeters
- You need people who can truly capture your business’ voice and speak knowledgably about the company (or know how to get knowledgeable answers fast from the executive team). Qualities to search for include: a good listener, trustworthy, and good etiquettes.
- Assign Voices
- People on Twitter want to know the name of the person on the other end. Here’s how some of the strongest businesses on Twitter do it: they use the company name as the Twitter handle, and in the profile information, they list the employees who manage the account by their real names. Having an identity for your business is a necessity.
- Follow the Right People
- On Twitter, quality outweighs quantity. It’s best to follow and be followed by interesting, influential, and useful people. Remember that your profile is open to the public (only in the rarest of circumstances would a business make its Twitter account private). Anyone can see whom you follow and who follows you, and those people can affect your credibility
- Be Engaging
- Being engaging is easier said than done, but it’s by far one of the most important characteristics of a successful Twitter account. In order to liven up the feel of the Twitter page, have a sense of humor, but keep it business appropriate. Upload pictures! Pictures with a brief caption are a great way to get engagement. Include what is new that your business is now boasting. For food business such as restaurants, pictures are a great way to boast new dishes, menus and specials.
Succeeding on Twitter is not a hard feat, however, it requires a bit of strategic thinking and briefing in order to maintain your audience and obtain more.