Being an image centric cite, it is excellent network for many professional and business owners to display their works. The business industry that can benefit from using this site is endless. Pictures say a thousand words, and no business face detrimental effects from the use of this cite.
In order to make the optimum use of the features that Pinterest offers its users, it is necessary to start off by making your presence strong on Pinterest.
- Upload your pins from your website, not from your computer
- The connection between your pin and its source is the most valuable part of using Pinterest. Each time you link your website to your Pinterest, you are directing back to your website from a popular reputable source. Also, when another individual decided to repin the pin that you originally posted, the link is directed back to your website.
- Choose the appropriate category for your pins
- When decided the category for your pins, it is necessary to make sure that you pick the right category and are specific. When the category seems inappropriate, it comes through as bad practice, does not reach the right users, and indicates a spam pin.
- Verify your website or blog
- This is a vital step as it means that the content which you have pinned belongs to you and your website, and it also gives access to the Pinterest Analytics. Once you have verified, the visitors will be able to see a checkmark beside your business name indicating verification.
Although it may not be obvious at first, many Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies also apply to Pinterest. Your boards and pins are indexed externally by search engines, and Pinterest also indexes its own contents in order to feed its internal search. Regardless of the methods that consumers are using Google or Pinterest to find your business, the administration of the incorrect strategy may prove to be detrimental.
Following are the outlined best Pinterest strategies that help drive more traffic to your website by making your content easier to find, both on and off Pinterest.
- Optimize Your Board
- The names and the descriptions are vital in the sense that they indicate what to be expected, and also assist in the finding of your content with ease. Writing a well detailed yet brief description for your board is also essential. Ensure the repetition of key words for higher SEO. Your board description should resemble a meta description.
- Optimize Pin Descriptions
- Engaging descriptions are also vital for individual pins. Although it may seem that the descriptions of the individual pins are overlooked, they help the visitor understand the context of the image and how it applies to your business. Pinterest does support hash tags, however, too many in this context is not useful. A recent study by the social media scientist suggests that pin descriptions of approximately 200 characters are the most repinnable. Pin descriptions require the most strategic thinking and forethought — but they’re worth the effort!
- Use Rich Pins
- When Pinterest first started, there was only one type of pin. There are six types of Rich Pins as of this writing: Place, Article, Product, Recipe, Movie and App. If unsure of how rich pins can be applied, it is worthwhile to research and get them started on your Pinterest account.
- Increase Engagement
- Like all other social networking sites, it is necessary to be engaged. Take advantage of this by engaging with your followers and other Pinterest users. The more active you are in liking, commenting or re-pinning, the more likely your business is to be visible to your target audience.
- Install the Pin It Button
- The best part about the Pin It button is that once you install it, your work is done! Your website visitors and readers can Pin your content for you, and their followers will see the activity on Pinterest as well, thereby increasing the impressions (and hopefully clicks) your content receives.