Already we see trends that suggest that advertising spending for online ads is overtaking advertising on television and cable networks by far. Traditional advertising does not have that much power anymore in a world where digital marketing on multi-channels is increasing drastically. Brands now use multiple digital marketing channels to advertise as well! What spurred this increase in the use of digital marketing, you may wonder? Why it is the consumers themselves, believe it or not!
As many as 72% of consumers are already connecting with brands and businesses through their variety ofdigital marketing channels and activities online, according to reports from Mashable.com.The funny part is that despite the fact thatconsumers, brands and business owners are both switching towards the digital marketingroute, many small businesses are still slow to pick up the trend.
Contrary to what most small business owners and entrepreneuring professionals think, digital marketing is not as complex as it may seem. The effort would be very much worth it as many businesses have already experienced and felt the benefits. If all this still is not enough to convince you to switch to digital marketing, then these top 10 benefits surely might persuade you further:
- Digital marketing connects your business with consumers on the web – Those old days when people had to scan through volumes of phone directories or browse through pages upon pages of pamphlets to look for information about a product or service are long gone! Now, at least 80% of consumersmake use of the Internet to conduct their search for information and to make the search a whole lot easier and way more convenient.
- Digital marketing generates higher conversion rates – Through digital marketing, your business has the ability to reach out to specific or target audiences, generate leads and achieve as much as 24% increase in conversion rates.
- Digital marketing saves you money and is often timesbe free – There are so many reports that describe how small business owners are already getting incredible benefits from digital marketing, with as much as 40% who report considerable savings generated from their efforts. Advertising on social media networks is often free so a small amount of effort goes a long way in gaining your business exposure!
- Digital marketing allows for real-time customer service – The real-time response environment fostered by digital marketing can leave a big impact on the success of your business.
- Digital marketing connects your business with the mobile consumer –Digital marketing can help you tap into the giganticonline market, now that mobile marketing generates its own organic traffic. According to eMarketer, mobile technology is also influencing the buying behavior of many consumers.
- Digital marketinghelps generate higher revenue –Many reports suggest thatconsumers need six touch points before they are convinced to buy, but if they do, they would spend as much as four times asany other types of customers and that is, of course, really good for yourbusiness if you happen to be online and digital!
- Digital marketing delivers higher ROI from your campaigns – Digital marketing can help businesses generate better Cost-Per-Lead compared to traditional marketing, or even telemarketing.
- Digital marketing keeps your business at par with competition – Many brands and businesses are really giving their digital marketing strategy and campaigns their full effort and attention, using various channels available digitally, including display, PPC, mobile and social media.
- Digital marketing can help your business compete with larger businesses – Digital marketing not only keeps you at par with your competition, it can also enable you to compete head to head with big brands and large corporations because they are all using a digital marketing strategy.
10.Digital marketing prepares your business for the developing Internet world – By the year 2020, How many billion gadgets do you think will be available? Think smartphones, tablets, watches, eyeglass, appliances, shoes and more – all interconnected in a global online ecosystem that makes up this great web.